How it Works
- Somebody (eg. you!) adds a short, funny, clean joke/one-liner to this web site
- Other people see your joke on this web site and find it absolutely hilarious, so they rate it as funny and family-friendly
- Once the joke's got enough* positive ratings, we automatically tweet the joke to our Twitter feed, @JokesSphere
* We keep this secret, to stop it being abused.
- People in pubs, workplaces and parks around the land see your joke and have a jolly good chuckle, brightening up their day! :-)
Jokes about current affairs and recent goings-on are especially welcome!
So, what are you waiting for?
SUBMIT A JOKE
READ & RATE JOKES
This site is in beta. Here's a To-do list:
- Allow jokes to be submitted and inserted into database
- Add Google captcha to joke submit form
- Enable character counter on submitting jokes
- Validate submitted joke length on server-side
- Add automatic swear filter to jokes
- Check email address is valid (if user provides one)
- Check a word-for-word identical joke hasn't been posted in the last 30 days
- Write up house rules
- Write up terms and conditions
- View submitted jokes
- By date submitted
- By author
- View jokes in random order
- View jokes that have already been tweeted (read-only)
- Pagination on jokes page
- Give positive/negative rating to joke (unless your IP matches)
- Algorithm to determine action after rating applied
- Make site look pretty / design logo etc.
See the latest jokes that have been through the ranks and graduated to our Twitter stream: